Monday, May 19, 2014

OREGON!

I'm not talking about art or murals today. Today is a historic day for Oregon and for our country: LOVE WINS! A federal judge ruled Oregon’s marriage ban for same-sex couples is unconstitutional!

"I believe that if we can look for a moment past gender and sexuality, we can see in these plaintiffs nothing more or less than our own families. Families who we would expect our Constitution to protect, if not exalt, in equal measure. With discernment we see not shadows lurking in closets or the stereotypes of what was once believed; rather, we see families committed to the common purpose of love, devotion, and
service to the greater community." --U.S. Judge Michael McShane


This October will mark 7 years since I came out as bisexual to my friends and family. This June will mark 4 years since I got engaged to a woman. Our relationship ended, and I am single now, but I feel very emotional knowing that whoever I do end up marrying, male or female, I can MARRY them, not "marry" them. That is incredible. I feel so happy right now! So....free. :) Thanks Judge McShane, and thanks Oregon and everyone who worked so hard for this in our state. Now I have even MORE reasons to brag about Oregon to everyone I meet who lives anywhere else! ;) YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment