Monday, January 13, 2014

Collaboration with my Cousin and Livin' the Dream

Hi All,

I've been working on a small 6" x 8" piece that will be a collaboration between me and my cousin Terry who lives in Chicago. He makes ceramic and glass art and asked me to paint a couple things that he could imprint on his glass. So, the background will be on the bottom layer of glass, and the lion will be on a layer above that. Should give it some depth and be cool looking. I'm excited to see the final piece! And I will definitely put that up here once I see it.

lion painting, lion painting on glassa, portland muralist

lion painting, lion painting on glassa, portland muralist

In other news, I'm feeling really happy. I finally have a "real job" where people pay me to do something I love to do everyday. And the job is reliably there, for the same amount of hours, and pay per hour, every week. (That part is HUGE). And everyone's really nice and I feel like I "click" well with my co-workers. I feel respected. And I get to exercise at a fancy athletic club because it shares a building with our school. I feel like.... I made it to somewhere that I really wanted to be. It took me a long time and a lot of soul-searching to come around to the place I'm in now. It has not been an easy, or obvious conclusion. But I have worked really, really hard for this, and I think I'm exactly where I need to be at this exact moment. 

Grateful. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment