Sunday, August 16, 2015

Pretty Lady in a Forest

Hey everyone! 

Coming at you from sunny San Francisco! (Yes, I said sunny. It's gorgeous here - no fog in sight!)  I'm here visiting my sister with my parents. Great to get in some family time, and check out the various murals/street art in this city! Love the rainbows painted onto the crosswalks in the Castro district ;)

Here's a project I did a few weeks ago, but haven't shared here yet. This is a 5' x 2.5' mural panel that I made on wood, and installed on a client's fence enclosure for her hot tub. The other side of this fence (the side seen by her neighbors and the public) is a larger forest panel I already created for this client (see this older post) Inside her house, is this mural. Happy to have return-business, and grow her little collection of Corie-murals :)

This is an image of Guanyin - the goddess of compassion, celebrated in a variety of cultures (read her Wiki article here) While I admittedly don't know much beyond the little I was able to research about her, I know she means a lot to my client. I was happy to paint my own interpretation of her (probably got a good use of my artistic license here). Glad to provide a visual for helping my client to feel more at peace in her home/outdoor sanctuary area. This one just makes me want to exhaaaaaallllllllle. Ahhhhhhhhh :)

Have a great week you guys! 


quan yin art, guanyin painting, goddess painting, goddess mural, goddess of compassion, portland muralist

quan yin art, guanyin painting, goddess painting, goddess mural, goddess of compassion, portland muralist





No comments:

Post a Comment